Bridgette Blitch is admitted in the state courts of Florida, Wisconsin, and Colorado. Bridgette is also an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, and zealous advocate for her clients. Bridgette’s practice includes handling the defense and prosecution of high dollar cargo claims, insurance coverage claims, and business law disputes. Bridgette has successfully prosecuted and recovered freight charges for her trucking clients against property owners, insurers, and general contractors. Bridgette has also successfully defended and negotiated favorable settlements for motor carriers in connection with safety enforcement actions brought by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Bridgette has represented both buyers and sellers in multi-million dollar mergers and acquisitions, and counseled clients on regulatory matters, including the Department of Transportation regulations and the Food Safety Modernization Act. Bridgette has represented numerous logistics providers in the drafting and implementation of numerous corporate due diligence documents, including employment policies, supervisor’s policies, driver’s manuals, code of conduct and record retention policies.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Editor in Chief, Transportation Law Journal
- Best orator, Barrister’s Cup Appellate Advocacy
- University of Colorado (B.A., 2004)
- Women in Trucking, Member
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- Membership Committee (TLA), Member
- Arbitrator (TLA)
- Representative-At-Large (TLA) (2016-2018)
- Transportation Law Institute (TLA), Co-Chair (2017)
- Motor Carrier Committee (TLA), Co-Chair (2014-2018)
- Conference of Freight Counsel, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Colorado Bar, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Women in Trucking, recognized as Top Women To Watch, 2018
- Women in Trucking, recognized as one of the Distinguished Women in Logistics, 2017
- Arbitration Fundamentals and Best Practices for New AAA Arbitrators and Award Writing (ACE001).
- *Mrs. Blitch is a trained transportation arbitrator, and has been admitted to the roster of arbitrators with the American Arbitration Association.
- *Mrs. Blitch is also an arbitrator for the Transportation Lawyers Association